Summary A yard with grass taller than six inches is eligible for a Long Grass Fee, LGF. LawnStarter's Long Grass Fee policy is in place to make the process of getting your yard mowed more efficient and to compensate our awesome pros. It takes the pro longer to mow and puts an additional strain on the equipment to mow grass over six inches high.
What it is
Long Grass Fee 12 inches and under
- If on your mow, your pro reports to us that your lawn is between six and 12 inches tall, we will add a one-time fee equal to 50% or 100% of the regular mowing price to compensate the pro. If the long grass covers just a part of the yard, the additional fee can be 50%,
- But if most of the yard is 12 inches and under, then the additional fee will be 100%.
Long Grass Fee over 12 inches
- If the grass is over 12 inches you will have to approve the Long Grass Fee before the pro can mow.
- You will be notified of Long Grass Fee via email, SMS, and on your LawnStarter account.
- In the Long Grass Fee Report, you will see the days your pro can return.
- Select the day you would like the pro to return to mow.
- As the days pass they will no longer be available.
- Once you select a date and accept the fee the pro will be notified and scheduled to return.
- If the Long Grass Fee is rejected or expires, LawnStarter's customer support will reach out to you to see how you would like to proceed.
- The Long Grass Fee will expire the day before the last day the pro said they could return.
- When rejecting the Long Grass Fee please tell us why you are rejecting the fee and how you would like to proceed.
Long Grass Fee can be disputed.
- There is a five-day dispute window starting from the day your pro submitted the long grass report.
- Long grass is most common on first services with LawnStarter.
- You will be charged a Long Grass Fee if your grass grows taller than six inches. Reasons for long grass include but are not limited to:
- You skipped a mow.
- This is the first service after reactivating from being paused or canceled.
- You changed the frequency of your mows to have more time between each service.
- Most other lawn care companies will not service an overgrown property at all. Our Long Grass Fee policy makes your service more likely to be completed on time and ensures our pros get a fair payment for their time and effort.
Good deal .
Just saw this I didn’t know there was long grass fee. Is there anyway I can report the grass lengths after the job has been marked completed
Why are you allowing clients to cancel subscriptions while contractors are mowing their lawn? I have no recourse except to vent here or support.
Took 4 hours to mow a lawn had to bag the grass it was 8 ins tall but silly me never looked over anything 25$ for 4 hours of mowing yeah no thanks
I cut down a forest and I was never told how much I was going to get paid I put my own place and when I look at my tab and said just 80 bucks and it took me at least five hours to put it down and to make it look good I don't like this app I thought I was starting a business and I thought they was paying me right.but I was wrong
Plus the customer's was mean to me but High something someone else did I feel shity corrected the job and got a $8 tip that was my pay
lawnstarter does NOT back the PRO. you could be cutting the grass, and the customer can cancel and you have no way to contact LS because theyve already removed the listing from your account. so as a counter-measure, if i dont get paid, i return the material right on to the driveway or doorstep. i do give the customer a chance to pay before i do that. i am done with Lawn STarter.
I cut some really tall grass the other day and it burnt up my weed eater. Since I pay for insurance threw lawn starter do u guys pay for my equipment?
As expected, 100% fee applied to my 1st mow and I don't see how in the world mowers could judge lawn to be 6-12". Half of the lawn was dead anyway due to drought. I'm not going to bother disputing or anything, there's no point...akin to disputing a rental car company missed scratch on a door, there's just no point in it. Yes a few sprigs were there (pictured at ground level directly behind them for best effect), but it was an easy mow and after my 3 lawn obligation I am discontinuing service and mowing myself.
Please sign in to leave a comment.