Summary Nextdoor is a platform where users sign up by neighborhood and are able to communicate with each other about events, services, and happenings in their neighborhood. You are able to recommend LawnStarter's service on the Nextdoor platform and are given a credit for sharing. From your LawnStarter account, select Free Services, then select Post on Nextdoor.
What is it
- Nextdoor is a platform that allows users to sign up via neighborhood where the members share information that is specific to their area.
- Common posts on Nextdoor are recommendations of services, things to look out for in the neighborhood, and events.
- Log into your account via the app or the web.
- Select the Free Services tab.
- Choose the green Post on Nextdoor button.
- A pop-up box will appear with a message. You will select Copy Message under the text box, so you can paste it on Nextdoor.
- It is important to copy this using the copy button to ensure you receive the credit on your account.
- Select POST ON NEXTDOOR to be taken to the Nextdoor site.
- Select this text box that says What's on your mind, neighbor?
- Select Create an event and paste the message in the window from your clipboard.
- Next, if the option is available, you will tag LawnStarter. To do this select the three dots for the drop-down menu to appear. If the option to tag LawnStarter is not available, you may proceed to Step 12.
- If the option is available, LawnStarter has to be tagged to receive credit.
- Select Tag a business from the drop-down menu.
- Type in LawnStarter and then select any of the LawnStarter tags from the drop-down menu with the heart icon beside them.
- The tags will vary depending on your location.
- Select Post to confirm you want to tag LawnStarter.
- Lastly, select Share post to share and receive credit.
- You are able to share on Nextdoor multiple times but are only eligible to receive a credit if there is no checkmark next to the word Shared. If the checkmark is there it means that not enough time has passed since the last time you shared to receive a credit.
- The time frame for how long you must wait before you can share on Nextdoor for credit varies depending on your market area.
- Check your account often to see if you are able to share again.